|Note the substance in the threads of the screw to the left.|
Anyway, lots of fun stuff. I made some micarta, tapped the liners for 4-40 pocket clip screws (pictured above), acid washed the liners and new clip, heat colored all the fasteners and pillars, and put it all back together. I screwed up counter sinking one of the pivot screws, but overall the project went smoothly and with a belt sander, took remarkably less time than it would have without it. The final product is smooth opening, feels great and doesn't look too bad either. I did notice that the blade got a tiny dent in the edge while rattling around in a box with all the other parts (I usually just throw it all in a box to keep track of everything). It is fair to say that the "440 Stainless" is not amazing steel but I still stand by my testing and conclude that it is perfect adequate for typical daily tasks, takes a nice sharp working edge without much effort and will do a lot of cutting for you for very little money.
|Roughed out scales.|
|Blade centering looking good.|
|The new pillars are awesome - from knifekits.com. The pocket clip is also from them and is a little longer than I would have liked but low profile and straight to the point. It's goes completely unnoticed while gripping the knife.|